Welcome Back, Members!
We are very excited for the opportunity to open our doors to you, our loyal members – we have sincerely missed you! It is of the utmost importance that we work together to maintain good health and personal safety in order to remain open for business. Thank you for your patronage and for respecting and cooperating with these guidelines to keep your Athletic Club operating safely.
In addition to strict adherence to CDC guidelines, the State recommends gyms and fitness/exercise facilities put into place an assortment of measures to protect consumers and employees. Your Athletic Club is implementing the following safety protocols in an effort to reduce the health risks for you, other members and our staff.
Here’s What We Are Doing:
- Regular Cleaning of Facility Including Disinfecting High-Touch Surfaces.
- PPE for All Staff: All staff will wear masks. They will wear gloves as needed.
- Regular Temperature Checks: Staff will receive temperature checks before being allowed to start their work shift. Members will be asked to receive temperature check and/or minimally answer health screening questions.
- Self-Scan: Members will be asked to self-scan to allow for limited contact entry.
- Adjusting Equipment Layout/Restrict Access to Some Equipment: All open areas inside the facility have been evaluated and redesigned where possible to help ensure social distancing of six feet between members.
- Posting Signs Encouraging Social Distancing: Signage will be placed prominently throughout the facility to drive awareness of this requirement.
- Limiting Occupancy to 50% of Capacity
- Limiting Group Fitness Classes And Small Group Training to maintain social distancing
- Temporarily Closing the Sauna, Other Group Congregating Areas (as applicable) until further notice.
- Suspending Playroom Services until further notice
- Suspending Non-Member Access (no guest passes) until further notice
Here’s What We Need You To Do:
- Cooperate With Us in Following the COVID-19 Best Practices.
- Stay Home if You’re Sick: Members should stay home if you don’t feel well. If anyone in your household is currently ill or tested positive for COVID-19, stay home. Members of vulnerable populations, including those with underlying health conditions, are strongly encouraged to check with their doctor prior to visiting.
- Be Ready for Temperature Checks: Members will have their temperature taken (if available) or asked questions regarding COVID-19 symptoms prior to check in.
- Keep Children at Home: We are unable to provide playroom services at this time.
- Bring a Mask/Face Covering: MASKS are CURRENTLY REQUIRED per the Mayor’s Mandate at all times throughout the club when you are not actively exercising.
MEMBERS: 6 ft Social Distancing MUST take place WHILE you ARE exercising.
- Keep Your Distance: Please exercise on designated equipment only and respect all signage regarding social distancing. It is important to maintain at least six (6) feet between you and others whenever possible.
- Expect Reduced Capacity: To ensure proper social distancing, our exercise areas will have a limited capacity.
- Wash or Sanitize Your Hands Upon Entering and Leaving Facility: All members are asked to wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with soap and water or use hand sanitizer as frequently as possible, including when you arrive and before leaving.
- Remember to Wipe Down Equipment: Please help us reduce the risk of exposure by wiping down all equipment, weights, mats, etc. with the provided cleaning materials. YOU MUST DISINFECT BOTH PRIOR AND AFTER USE.
- Use Only One Piece of Equipment at a Time: Sorry, no circuits or super-setting to ensure machines are cleaned after use.
- Consider Limiting Your Workout Length: To avoid unnecessary exposure, decrease congestion and allow for additional sanitization.
- Minimize Loitering and Unnecessary Conversations: We all want to catch up but please minimize your conversations so there’s no risk of excessive congregating or failure to comply with the minimum six feet distancing.
- Recommendation for Vulnerable or At-Risk Population: If you fall into this category for COVID-19 as identified by the CDC – including those who are over the age of 65 or those who have chronic medical conditions – take extra precaution or refrain from use of the facility during re-opening.
- Show Patience and Kindness to Your Fellow Members and Our Dedicated Staff: We are all here to improve our quality of life so let’s stay safe, healthy and limit stress while practicing additional patience during this re-opening process.